Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and policies carefully. When you use this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the policies, terms, and conditions set forth herein.
1 SHIPPING INFORMATION
We offer free, worldwide standard shipping for orders placed through the web shop on this site. All items are currently shipped from our warehouse in Taiwan or from our fulfilment centre in the UK. Depending on your location, standard shipping may take 1-2 weeks. We are not responsible for import duties or any other fees which may occur upon shipping to your country.
We at LiP offer the highest in sunglasses quality. However, if you are not satisfied with our products for any reason we will happily accept a return for a full refund. This right to return is expressly excluded for prescription lenses as noted in Section 4 below.
A notice of cancellation including your full name, delivery address, and order reference number has to be made in writing via email or the contact form of this website within 30 days of delivery. Customer Service will then send you an email confirming the return.
If you wish to exchange a product, you will need to return the original item for a full refund and make a new purchase.
The returned products must be unused, in saleable condition and in their complete original packaging including all tags and product information. We reserve the right to refuse a refund, should the products show any sign of use, such as scratches or residue on the lenses or frame.
We will not accept responsibility for lost parcels, or postal charges incurred when returning goods. We highly recommend using registered mail. If you return an item to us that is defective, which you did not order, or for any other reason that is our fault, we will cover the cost of the return postage. In such a case please contact us first.
Once the returned items have been received and processed, a refund will be made as soon as possible, via the method of payment used to place the order.
LiP offers a three year warranty on all sunglasses against manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship.
This warranty does not cover: normal wear and tear; scratches and pit marks on the lenses and frame; damages caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, improper use or storage of the product; unauthorized modifications or repairs. LiP has the sole discretion to determine manufacturer’s defects. This warranty applies only to LiP sunglasses purchased from authorized LiP dealers and is valid only with a proof of purchase.
4 PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES
The following terms and conditions apply in respect of all purchases of prescription sunglasses:
You confirm that you are aged 16 years or more and that you are not registered blind or partially sighted. You agree to furnish any additional information we may require to verify that you are legally able to purchase prescription sunglasses.
- You confirm that the prescription you provide to us has been obtained following a sight examination with a registered medical practitioner / optician within the last 2 years.
- When you order prescription lenses, we will rely upon the prescription supplied by you. You are responsible for entering accurate prescription information. No liability is accepted by LiP Sunglasses Co Ltd for any mistake made by you in providing your prescription details. If you are unsure about any of the prescription details during the ordering process, leave the prescription area clear by choosing “I will send it to you later” and follow up your order by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will only supply sunglasses with lenses of a spherical power between +9.00 / -9.00 and a cylindrical power between +6.00 / -6.00.
- For Varifocal lenses, you acknowledge that there is a two stage procedure to processing your order. In the first stage, we will send you a sample frame and detailed RX form in the post. It is your responsibility to attend a registered optician with these sample frames to obtain all the required readings on the RX form, in particular the ‘Segment Height’ and ‘PD – Near / Distance’ readings. Following your optician visit you return the RX form and sample frames to us. In the second stage, we confirm your RX details with you and fabricate your lenses. The fabrication process takes 2-3 weeks.
- The prices indicated on our website are correct at time of display. However, we reserve the right to change prices from time to time without notice. Notwithstanding this, once your order has been accepted (see 7. below), we will not change the price that applies without your agreement.
- If during the ordering process you have either uploaded your prescription, or indicated that you will send the prescription later or that you have already sent your prescription to us, the purchase price given is deemed an estimate until we have confirmed your prescription details and we have accepted your order.
- Payment must be made in full before goods are dispatched. Payment is processed at the time of order. We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. However, this is not an order confirmation or order acceptance. The order is accepted by us when we confirm the order in writing to you after we have received and verified your prescription.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you have the right to a full refund, alteration or replacement up to to 30 days after delivery of the goods. However, any refund request will only be accepted by us in respect of the frame; we are unable to refund any personalized goods such as prescription lenses. For the avoidance of all doubt, all goods made to customers specifications or goods that are personalized, such as prescription orders, cannot be refunded or exchanged. If you wish to return the frames, they must be returned in their original / undamaged condition with packaging – in accordance with our general returns policy in section 2 above.
The customer or purchaser on www.lip-sunglasses.com must be of age and a private individual customer whose purchases are not made for commercial purposes.
The articles shown on www.lip-sunglasses.com are available as long as the stock lasts. The descriptions and photos illustrating them are shown as accurately as possible; nevertheless, if errors or omissions occur, LiP may not be held liable. The illustrating photographs supporting the text on the products are not contractual.
The prices of the products presented on www.lip-sunglasses.com may be modified from time to time. We reserve the right to modify the prices without notice. The prices shown at the time of the purchase are those applicable to this purchase.
We reserve the right to refuse an order for any reason whatsoever. We also reserve the right to cancel any purchase (order already accepted) without being held liable for damages or costs incurred, for the following reasons:
- The product is no longer available
- Your order has been identified as unusual or likely to be fraudulent
- We have reasons to believe that you are a minor
- We have reasons to believe that you are a retailer
- We were not able to deliver to the address you provided
When paying via direct bank transfer you are responsible for any transaction fees. We will only ship the order once the total amount has arrived in our account.
Risk of loss
All items purchased from www.lip-sunglasses.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. LiP-Sports International reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion.(The words “we,” “our,” or “us” also refer to LiP.)
Illegal or abusive usage is strictly prohibited
You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other users of our website. You may not use the Company’s service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Should you be found to have engaged in illegal or abusive usage of our website, LiP will suspend your account or usage as applicable.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of LiP and is protected by Taiwan, R.O.C. and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of LiP and is protected by Taiwan, R.O.C. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of LiP or its software suppliers and is protected by Taiwan, R.O.C. and international copyright laws.
7 ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
When you visit our website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, or other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
8 TRADEMARKS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
www.lip-sunglasses.com or LiP-Sunglasses Co, Ltd. and other Company graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade dress of LiP in Taiwan, R.O.C. Company’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not LiP’s in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits LiP. All other trademarks not owned by LiP that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by LiP.
9 LICENSE & SITE ACCESS
LiP grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of LiP. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of LiP. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, or form of LiP without the express written consent of LiP. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing LiP’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of LiP. Any unauthorized use terminates the consent or license granted. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of LiP so long as the link does not portray LiP, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any LiP logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without the express written consent of LiP.
10 APPLICABLE LAW
By visiting our website, you agree that the laws of Taiwan, R.O.C. will govern these Conditions of Use, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and LiP.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact LiP via the contact form on the homepage.
Information collection and use
Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the product and services made available through our web site, including, but not limited to, our services, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
Information collection upon registration
If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of our web site, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to LiP. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for our services or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, full user name, password, email address, city, time zone, telephone number, and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your public profile.
Use of contact information
In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website as Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the websites you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Service, and for the Site’s technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms of Service.
Cookies and other technologies
Other technologies used include clear GIF’s and IP address logging. Clear GIF’s also known as web bugs, beacons, or tags, are small graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an e-mail message. Clear GIF’s are invisible to the user because they are typically very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page, document or e-mail message. We do not use clear GIF’s to collect personal information about you. However, we may use clear GIF’s to capture statistical usage information for our web pages, features, or other elements on a web page. We may correlate this information to a user to personalize user experience and for statistical analysis of user experiences on our web pages.
12 THIRD PARTIES
Third party services
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of LiP or a third party, the safety of the public, or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Copyright ©2018 LiP Sunglasses Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.