Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and policies carefully. When you use this website and/or purchase from our webshop, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the policies, terms, and conditions set out herein.
1 SHIPPING INFORMATION
For most regions we offer free worldwide standard shipping or express shipping for orders placed through our webshop. Items are currently shipped from one of three locations:
(1) from our warehouse in Taiwan
(2) from our fulfilment centre in the UK, or
(3) from our fulfilment centre in the USA
Depending on your location and our stock levels in the 3 locations listed above, standard free shipping may take 1-3 weeks to arrive at your chosen shipping address. All RX orders are shipped from Taiwan.
NOTE: We are not responsible for import duties or any other fees which may occur upon shipping to your country.
If you want to know where your proposed purchase will be shipped from, please contact us via our contact page before ordering (https://www.lip-sunglasses.com/company/contact/) stating your country and the 4 digit SKU number for your intended purchase, and we will confirm where the item will be shipped from.
LiP offer the highest in sunglasses quality. However, we understand that when buying sunglasses online, it can be difficult to really know if they are suited to you. If you are not satisfied with our products for any reason we will happily accept a return for a full refund. The right to return is expressly excluded for custom RX orders as noted in Section 4 below.
To return an item, fill out the return request form within 30 days of purchase. The form can be found at https://www.lip-sunglasses.com/return-form/. Our Customer Service department will then contact you by email confirming the return procedure.
For all UK and EU orders, return items should be sent to our UK return address in Portsmouth. For US and Canadian orders, all watershades orders are returned to our return address in Illinois, and Urban orders to our address in Taiwan. For all other countries, returns are sent to our Taiwan address.
If you wish to exchange a product, you will need to return the original item for a full refund and make a new purchase.
The returned products must be unused (that is to say – ‘not used on the water’), in saleable condition and in their complete and original packaging including all plastic sleeves, tags and product information and any accessories that are included with the product you purchased. We reserve the right to (i) refuse a refund, should the products show any sign of use, such as scratches or salt residue on the lenses or frame, or (ii) to partially refund in cases where any included accessories are missing.
We will not accept responsibility for lost parcels, or postal charges incurred when returning goods. We highly recommend using registered and tracked mail.
If you return an item to us that is defective, or which you did not order, or for any other reason that is our fault, we will reimburse the cost of the return postage. In such a case please fill out the form at https://www.lip-sunglasses.com/return-form/ and let us know why you wish to return the item.
Once the returned items have been received and processed, a refund will be made as soon as possible, via the same method of payment used to place the order.
LiP offers a 3-year warranty on all sunglasses frames and all standard (non-optical) lenses against manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship. The warranty period for RX (optical) lenses is 1 year.
This warranty does not cover: normal wear and tear; scratches and pit marks on the lenses and frame; damages caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, improper use or storage of the product; unauthorized modifications or repairs. LiP has the sole discretion to determine manufacturer’s defects.
This warranty applies only to LiP sunglasses purchased from LiP Sunglasses or authorized LiP dealers and is valid only with a proof of purchase.
4 PRESCRIPTION (RX) SUNGLASSES
The following terms and conditions apply in respect of all purchases of prescription sunglasses:
- You confirm that you are aged 21 years or more and that you are not registered blind or partially sighted. You agree to furnish any additional information we may require to verify that you are legally able to purchase prescription sunglasses.
- You confirm that the prescription you provide to us has been obtained following a sight examination with a registered medical practitioner / optician within the last two years.
- When you order prescription lenses, we will rely upon the prescription supplied by you. You are responsible for entering accurate prescription information. No liability is accepted by LiP Sunglasses Co Ltd for any mistake made by you in providing your prescription details. If you are unsure about any of the prescription details during the ordering process, leave the prescription area clear by choosing “I will send it to you later” and follow up your order by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We will only supply sunglasses with lenses of a spherical power (or a combined spherical + cylindrical power) of between +5.00 / -8.00
- For Varifocal / bifocal lenses, you acknowledge that there is a two stage procedure to processing your order. In the first stage, we will send you a sample frame and RX form in the post. It is your responsibility to attend a registered optician with the sample frames to obtain the required readings on the RX form, in particular the ‘Pupil Height’ and ‘PD – Near / Distance’ readings. You then return the RX form and sample frames to us. In the second stage, we confirm your RX details and fabricate your lenses. The lens fabrication process takes 3 weeks from receipt and confirmation of your RX details and payment.
- The prices indicated on our website are correct at the time of display. However, we reserve the right to change prices from time to time without notice. Notwithstanding this, once your order has been accepted by us, we will not change the price that applies without your agreement.
- If during the ordering process you have either uploaded your prescription, or indicated that you will send the prescription later or that you have already sent your prescription to us, the purchase price given is deemed an estimate until we have confirmed your prescription details and we have accepted your order.
- Payment must be made in full before goods are dispatched. Payment is processed at the time of order. You will receive an automated order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. However, this is not an order confirmation or order acceptance. The order is accepted by us when we confirm the order by email to you after we have received and verified your prescription.
The customer or purchaser on www.lip-sunglasses.com must be of age and a private individual customer whose purchases are not made for commercial purposes, unless previously agreed in writing.
The articles shown on www.lip-sunglasses.com are available as long as the stock lasts. The descriptions and photos illustrating them are shown as accurately as possible; nevertheless, if errors or omissions occur, LiP may not be held liable. The illustrating photographs supporting the text on the products are not contractual.
The prices of the products presented on www.lip-sunglasses.com may be modified from time to time. We reserve the right to modify the prices without notice. The prices shown at the time of the purchase are those applicable to this purchase.
We reserve the right to refuse an order for any reason whatsoever. We also reserve the right to cancel any purchase (order already accepted) without being held liable for damages or costs incurred, for the following reasons:
- The product is no longer available
- Your order has been identified as unusual or likely to be fraudulent
- We have reasons to believe that you are a minor
- We have reasons to believe that you are a retailer
- We were not able to deliver to the address you provided
When paying via direct bank transfer you are responsible for any transaction fees. We will only ship the order once the total amount has arrived in our account.
Risk of loss
All items purchased from www.lip-sunglasses.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. LiP-Sports International reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion.(The words “we,” “our,” or “us” also refer to LiP.)
Illegal or abusive usage is strictly prohibited
You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other users of our website. You may not use the Company’s service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Should you be found to have engaged in illegal or abusive usage of our website, LiP will suspend your account or usage as applicable.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of LiP and is protected by Taiwan, R.O.C. and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of LiP and is protected by Taiwan, R.O.C. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of LiP or its software suppliers and is protected by Taiwan, R.O.C. and international copyright laws.
7 ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
When you visit our website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, or other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
8 TRADEMARKS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
www.lip-sunglasses.com or LiP-Sunglasses Co, Ltd. and other Company graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade dress of LiP in Taiwan, R.O.C. Company’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not LiP’s in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits LiP. All other trademarks not owned by LiP that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by LiP.
9 LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
LiP grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of LiP. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of LiP. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, or form of LiP without the express written consent of LiP. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing LiP’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of LiP. Any unauthorized use terminates the consent or license granted. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of LiP so long as the link does not portray LiP, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any LiP logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without the express written consent of LiP.
10 APPLICABLE LAW
By visiting our website, you agree that the laws of Taiwan, R.O.C. will govern these Conditions of Use, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and LiP.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, send us an enquiry using our contact forms or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through gateway providers and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.S ome of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement or promotion in some reasonable way.
- Include the email address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
9th Floor No. 261 Fuxing East Road Sec.1
Zhubei City, Hsinchu 302
12 THIRD PARTIES
Third party services
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of LiP or a third party, the safety of the public, or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Copyright ©2020 LiP Sunglasses Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.